Monday, July 30, 2012

Hawaiian Eats


So I believe an explanation is in order.

Last week no recipes were posted. This is because last week no recipes were made. Unless you count squeezing lime onto papaya. Which, you know, I might just count.

You see, last week I was in Hawaii. 

Sometimes life gives you lemons. This is not one of those times. 

When real life begins, which it will soon, I’m sure there will be plenty of lemons. But right now, this is one of those rare times where life doesn’t hand you anything small, yellow, and sour.  Instead, life says, “Here Liz, have a coconut and a machete and enjoy.”

So today, instead of a recipe, I’ll share a little of what last week entailed while I was spending a bit more time in the ocean and a bit less time in the kitchen.

It mostly looked like this:


With a lot of this:


And a fair amount of this:


And, you know, some of these:



It's a hard life. Don't know how I managed to feed myself over there. Somehow I survived, though.

And don't worry, for those of you who aren't particularly fond of change, we'll be back to the regular routine now. At least through the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment