Friday, November 16, 2012

Sautéed Chicken with Rosemary Cream Sauce

Sometimes you just need some comfort food.


Usually, for me, that comfort food is pasta. But this week I decided I'd spice life up a little. 

Think outside of my own box for a minute, which is usually a box of spaghetti, let's be honest here. 


Most of the time, when life gets me down, I turn to my tried and true friend: Carbs. Hence, you know, pasta. But this also applies to good old fashioned rice too. 

Sometimes I just want a bowl of plain white rice with a side of... nothing, actually. Just the rice. Don't judge.


Some people might say a bowl of white rice is neither a healthy nor a balanced meal. They would be... totally right. God, so very right. 

But that doesn't make it any less appealing. So my solution was not to eliminate the rice, but just... add to it. 

And that's where this chicken came in. 


I'm pretty sure chicken has to be my favorite meat. Not because it's the most amazing. Which, don't get me wrong, it's pretty darn tasty, but a fillet mignon will always be a fillet mignon.

It's my favorite because it's just one of those things you can make in literally any way--boil, sauté, bake, roast, barbecue. 


And it really does go with any meal. I swear. Making pasta? Add chicken. Making a sandwich? Add chicken. Making an omelet? Add chicken. The list goes on. 


Today I just wanted some rice. But what I got was so much better. What I got was a warm plate of rosemary, creamy, savory, sautéed goodness (and rice, obviously.... and, you know, a salad. Boo.) 

Huh. I ended up with a balanced meal after all, who'd've thunk. 


Sautéed Chicken With Rosemary Cream Sauce
Serves 2

1 tablespoon olive oil 
2 chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1/2 cup green onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream

Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet. Add chicken and sauté for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. 

Add the green onions, garlic, and rosemary cook for a 30 seconds or so. Add the white wine and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes. Add the broth, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in the heavy cream and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Garnish with additional green onions if desired and serve hot.  



No comments:

Post a Comment